Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thing #14: Technorati and How Tags Work

*I had more success navigating Technorati today than ever before! Earlier in this semester I tried to use Technorati unsuccessfully. Today was a real turn-around! I can now through this experience see how valuable Technorati is. It will be a wonderful resource for me and my students as I search for information in my teacher-librarian role.
I came across a great resource from: The Blue Skunk Blog: "You no longer have a choice" Guest Post: Mary Mehsikomer
This post is a fantastic reminder that you can't always do what you've always done; we as educators must embrace the new technologically-based opportunities that are knocking on our web doors.
*The value of tags is invaluable! If one tags his/her information appropropriately the information can be retrieved and used by countless people around the globe!
*I was not looking forward to this 'Thing' simply because I had not been able to use Technorati successfully in the past, but I now am a believer in the value of this resource. Thank you for another eye opening experience that enabled me to learn even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment