Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thing #18: Online productivity tools

I worked with Google docs. I had explored it previously, but it was nice to get back to it again. I have Christmas shopping, gift giving, etc... on my mind right now. I took a few minutes and created a quick spreadsheet to organize who and what gifts I already have purchased. This was an easy way to see what projects I still need to complete and what purchases still need to be made. Then I was able to make a quick action list for tomorrow!
I also revisited a family calendar that I had created some time ago, including all family members' birthdays and anniversaries. In the past I have printed this out for each 'family' group. This year I plan to email the link to all and go from there. I have dangled the idea at recent family functions. It seems most everyone still wants a paper version but maybe in time, we can convert to the Google docs calendar alone... Only time will tell!
http://www.google.com/calendar/render?tab=oc

The obvious advantages include ease of access to Google docs, providing that the user has Internet access. Additionally, the price is just right! I like the idea that multiple people may view, access, and adapt the docs as needed.
A disadvantage that comes to mind is Internet access. Sometimes we have computer access but the Internet connection may not be readily available.

No comments:

Post a Comment