Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thing #10- Online Image Generators

*This thing was a lot of fun! I participated in a summer inservice with Dr. Bishop and Ms. Branagh where they introduced us to the Big Huge Labs playground. I enjoyed being able to revisit. I know I can go to this site at any time, but sometimes our days get so busy we have to cut the fun and only stick to the meat and potatoes of our day.

*All of these online image generators could be used to help make informational or motivational signs in a classroom or a library. Sometimes a new image will help get the message across easier than 'peat and repeating the information.
I visited many of the sites.
*I created a happy face sign at http://www.happyfacegenerator.com/
* I created a seasonal comic strip pic at http://www.comicstripgenerator.com/

*I created a quick version of a Wordle using 'homework' terms. I realized that to create a great one you need a lot more text to contribute to the design. I typed a short paragraph, but you would actually need more to give the cool effect you see on the online examples. http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/1171247/homework

*Finally I had some fun with the jigsaw puzzle maker at the Big Huge Labs site. I created two-- the first is of my Yahoo Avatar, but the resolution is rotten. The second jigsaw puzzle is an Easter picture of one of my nieces. The resolution is much better on this one.

*I enjoyed this experience! I can definitely see how these tools could be used in a classroom or a library.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Big Huge Lab and could basically play there all day long. I also liked Wordle and have used it for personal projects, but my nieces who are in 4th and 6th grade said they use it all the time at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jigsaw puzzle, I am going to go back and check out that one again. Like you said it is easy to get lost in the Big Huge Lab. There are so many great things to do in there. I know my students would love playing with it too.

    ReplyDelete